Saturday, December 30, 2017

Fethullah Gülen on Secularism

Tags

Secularism

Gülen has criticized secularism in Turkey as "reductionist materialism". However, he has in the past said that a secular approach that is "not anti-religious" and "allows for freedom of religion and belief, is compatible with Islam."[139]
skyron.co.uk. "European Muslims, Civility and Public Life Perspectives On and From the Gülen Movement". Continuumbooks.com. Retrieved 2014-08-24.

According to one Gülen press release, in democratic-secular countries, 95% of Islamic principles are permissible and practically feasible, and there is no problem with them. The remaining 5% "are not worth fighting for."[140]
"Fethullah Gülen Web Sitesi - Devlet ve Şeriat". Tr.fgulen.com. 31 October 2006. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.


EmoticonEmoticon