Update 6/14: Now Facebook username is available for everyone.
Here is how to get the pretty facebook usernames url address like http://facebook.com/fatihsyuhud:
1. Login to your facebook account
2. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/username/ and pick your own username profile as you like.
Remember, once you decide to use one name, you cannot change it.
Facebook opens up a chance for its users to use a shorter URL profiles something like http://facebook.com/fatihsyuhud. However, it has some requirements. Read Facebook FAQ below to make your own facebook usernames and who are eligible to do it.
Who is eligible to participate?
Eligibility is limited to anyone who joined Facebook before usernames were publicly announced at 3 p.m. (EDT) on June 9, 2009. These users will have the chance to claim usernames at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on Saturday, June 13, 2009.
This limitation is temporary. All users who joined Facebook after the cut-off will be eligible to claim usernames on Sunday, June 28, 2009.
Why are you limiting eligibility?
This decision was made to prevent people from creating new accounts just to take advantage of reserving a username. Eligibility is limited to anyone who joined Facebook before username availability was publicly announced at 3 p.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, June 9, 2009. Eligible users will have the chance to claim usernames at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on Saturday, June 13, 2009.
This limitation is temporary. All users who joined Facebook after the cut-off date will be eligible to claim usernames on Sunday, June 28, 2009.
I’m new to the site. When can I claim a username?
If you joined Facebook after 3 p.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, June 9, 2009, you will need to wait until Sunday, June 28, 2009 to become eligible to claim a username.
If you joined Facebook before username availability was publicly announced at 3 p.m. (EDT) on June 9, then you will have the opportunity to claim a username at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on Saturday, June 13, 2009.
Facebook for What?
Promoting Blog with Facebook RSS Apps
Facebook Pages: How to Create
Other blogging tips
Wordpress 2.8 Beta 2
Wordress version 2.8 Beta 2 has come.
What's the difference between wp 2.8 and 2.7? Here's why wp 2.8 is different.
What I like about wp 2.8 is the Widget sidebar management. The old style sidebar widget is back. It's now even better. See the following screenshot to be more clear (taken from my wordpress.com dashboard). Click to enlarge: By the way, this blog is still using wp 2.7 (want to upgrade soon).
AdSense inside Post for Wordpress
Putting AdSense ads inside a post / article or embedded on top left of right of a post / article will certainly add the CTR (click through rate) and hence more revenue potential for an AdSense publisher, that's you.
To implement it is simple. Just put the following code whenever you want it to be. Preferably in single.php:
ADSENSE CODE HERE
NOTE: This tips can be implemented only in self-hosted wordpress.
Alternate Ads URL for AdSense
For bloggers or webmasters who put AdSense on their blogs / website, they sometimes found that the the AdSense ads are not always shown. Why the adsense ads doesn't appear every now and then is not clear. One thing clear is that whenever AdSense is showing PSA (public service announcement) or just solid color--depends on your preference-- you lost revenue. Sometimes it's significant revenue. In my case, AdSense is not showing in this blog because the content sometimes using Bahasa Indoanesia, a Adsense non supported language; or even if the content using English the comments with Bahasa Indonesia are a lot more than that with English. The result is the same: Adsense is not showing. Now the problem solved with the emergence of Alternateurl.com (aff).
Follow this simple step to integrate your AdSense with Alternate Ads:
1. Sign-up / register with Alternateurl.com.
2. Wait the approval, usually it takes around 1 to 2 days.
3. Once your website being approved, just create the ads with the size of Adsense you already put in your blog / website. And Copy the ads link provided by alternate url.
4. Now, go login to your Adsense account and edit or create new Adsense ads.
5. At "More Options Alternate ads or colors Choose what to display if no relevant ads are available", check the option "Show non-Google ads from another URL" and put the ads link from alternateurl.com. (see picture)
6. Click continue and get the Adsense code and put it into your blog / website. Done.
Register now here for free! and see the LIVE DEMO here (at the top and bottom of the post).
- The alternate ads is using PPC (pay per click) scheme.
- The ads is generated using category based. Make sure you fill up all the five categories with good keywords.
- Payment using Paypal. Make sure you have a Paypal account or register at paypal.com if you don't.
- It can also be used for independent ads.
You can use other alternate ads as well. Basically, any non-AdSense ads can be used as alternate ads with a bit difficult way to implement.
At least there're two other ways to make alternate ads:
(a) non-clickable image which is easy: just put the image link in the above box (see picture above). Example: http://fatihsyuhud.googlepages.com/blog-indonesia.gif
(b) Using HTML page with this you may put virtually any other ads as alternate ads such as Chitika, Adbrite, AdEngage, etc. This method a bit more difficult and no less important it will only work for self-hosted blog / website only.
1. Copy the html code below into a notepad. And Save as "alternateads.html"
<title>Text Link Ads</title>
ALTERNATIVE ADS HERE
2. Paste the alternate ads, say from Chitika, between <body> and </body>
3. Upload it to your server (it should be in the root) Example, fatihsyuhud.com/alternateads.html
4. Put the link url. ie. fatihsyuhud.com/alternateads.html, into your adsense code (see picture above).
5. PUt the Adsense code into your blog / website. Done